
With the schools out around here and I have a bit more time on my hands I have been doing what else? but craft stuff. I do still do the housework of course but that really isn't much to document. :) I do miss volunteering at the school and I think when school starts up again I will go back. I really like helping out, it makes me feel good. I would like to find something to do for the summer, so I am still kind of looking. I think I may make some more scrapbooking elements and papers etc and post them on my other blog, that is always enjoyable to do.It may be one long summer after a while, we will see. It is lonely here that is for sure.
So for the crafty stuff. When I was in the store Tuesday Morning, ( that is the name of the store) Charles and I were looking for something for our bathroom but decided while we were there we would look around. Well I went down the craft isle and found these cool little critter containers and I had to get them! I originally only got the green frog one but really wanted the alligator also so I went back. Charles thought they would be cool for me to have since I didn't get anything really for my birthday. I was all for that. So here they are.

The bag is cool, it has slots on both ends for the yarn to come out of. I thought it would be handy to keep the yarn clean and keep it contained from rolling all around. I haven't used it to much just yet because I forgot I had it. But now I will have to put it in to use. I posted a picture of them open because they are really roomy. In the green one I have 2 mini Kacha Kacha's and a regular row counter, stitch markers,pair of folding scissors and a needle case with needles. There is still room in it also. In the blue one I have my crochet hooks, some pens and pencils, my knitting loom pick and a mini screwdriver. There is still a little room in that one also, so I was quite impressed. They have made my craft collection look a little less cluttered and I can have all the things I need real handy. Now that I have the tools organized of course I needed to make something. I have so many projects that go through my head that I want to make that I have more than one project going at times. I have a line up of projects to do. So this is the two latest projects. I decided to pull out my crochet hooks because I kind of missed it and so I made this set. I really, really like it. I wanted something a bit smaller so if I didn't want to take my whole big purse with me I could just take the absolute needed items. I wanted something neutral in color so it would go with most anything I was wearing. So I did it in these colors. I have been kind of thinking though I need some color and change with things so I may have to make a different color set one day, after all of the other projects are done I have. That may be a long time though. So here it is
I really like how they turned out. The wallet is just the right size for all my cards and the cell phone case is great! At least they all match. And the wallet and cell phone case is universal for all of my other purses, because you can never have enough purses. :)
********************************
Since I absolutely have to do the dishes, and I absolutely hate to do them I decided I would make some dish rags to maybe help the experience be a little more enjoyable, so I pulled out my knitting looms again and went to work. Well, it really isn't any more enjoyable to do the dishes but it is fun to use dish rags that you personally made. I am trying different patterns and sizes to find out what I really like and I really do like the hand made dish rags. I like that I can make them the size and thickness I like. So here are the ones I have made so far, I have many more that I want to make.
The bottom two have been used and washed many times already, so they look a bit different. I have enjoyed them though and prefer to use them over the store bought ones I have. This is it for my craftiness post, I will post more when I get more done. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment